Older Person's Action Group
Established in 1968, OPAG is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to improving services, developing programs, educating, promoting and implementing changes to help Alaska seniors live healthy, productive lives.
- publish the monthly Senior Voice newspaper
- publish and distribute the Directory for Older Alaskans senior resource directory
- provide information and referral services for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Affordable Health Care Act and other senior issues
- organize monthly Interagency Breakfast networking event for Anchorage-area senior care providers
- quarterly statewide education and information forums
- Senior Information Line: (907) 276-1059 and toll-free 1-800-478-1059
- Practicum programs for UAA and Alaska Career College students
Membership is by way of an annual subscription to Senior Voice: $20 in state and $25 out of state.
OPAG mission statement:
To work statewide to improve the quality of life for all Alaskans through education, advocacy and collaboration.
OPAG vision statement:
Promote choice and well-being for seniors through legacy and leadership.
OPAG primary support staff:
Executive Director: Gary Wells
Media Manager: David Washburn
Administrative Assistant: Maggie Zabinko
2014-2015 OPAG Board Members:
President: Leonard T. Kelley
Vice President: Ira Rosnel
Treasurer: Sharon White-Wheeler
Secretary: Rita Hatch
Nancy J. Furlow