Free summer tax assistance in Anchorage
May 1, 2022 | View PDF
From May through October, AARP Tax Aide volunteers will assist people of all ages in filing their 2021 taxes. Appointments will be at available for noon, 1 and 2 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month at the Alaska Literacy Program, 1345 Rudakof Circle, Suite 104. The appointment will include a short interview and the tax preparer will complete the return. You will pick up the return from 3 to 3:30 p.m. If you are filing with a spouse, both of you must be present. Once the return is complete, it will be reviewed with you, signed and electronically filed.
Bring the necessary tax documents for your visit:
- an original or photocopy of Social Security card for you, spouse and all dependents is a must
- photo ID for you and your spouse
- amounts of the Economic Impact Payments and Advanced Child Tax Credits received for the family in 2021
- all income information (such as Forms W-2, 1099-Misc, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, SSA-1099 or RRB-1099 and 1099R)
- list of your medical, interest, contributions and miscellaneous expenses (if you itemize your deductions)
- copies of your 2019 and 2020 tax return (helps volunteer prepare this year’s return)
- bank routing and account number for direct deposit; and an IRS identity theft PIN, if you have one.
Masks are required and must be worn over your mouth and nose at all times.
To schedule an appointment, dial 2-1-1 or toll-free 1-800-478-2221.