These Olympics will engage your brain
How much information can the human brain absorb? The answer may be put to the test at the Anchorage Senior Activity Center’s Third Annual Brain Olympics, Jan. 15. The event has proved very popular and gets bigger every year, organizers say. This year’s schedule is chock-full of special speakers giving presentations on a variety of brain-related topics:
• “Music as Therapy: How Music Rocks Your Brains,” Laura Debenham, MSW
• “Thoughts About the Brain,” Shirley Fraser, MD, neurologist
• “Let’s Talk About Memory,” Marilyn McKay, Education Specialist, Alzheimer’s Resource of Alaska
• “Healing an Injured Brain: How to Recover Better and Faster After a Brain Injury or Stroke,” Dr. Adam Grove, naturopathic physician
• “Cranialsacral Therapies Effecting the Central Nervous System,” Kirk Wilson, NCTMB, Denver School of Massage
• “Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center,” Patty Raymond, MPH, Neuropsychologist and Air Force Flight Commander of Mental Health
Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with the first session at 11 a.m. and last at 2 p.m.
For more information, call the center at 770-2025.