By Maureen Haggblom
Anchorage ADRC 

Help with utility bills for Anchorage seniors

ADRC Answer of the Month


July 1, 2023 | View PDF

Do you know an Anchorage senior living in a household having difficulty paying a utility bill?

Starting up again on July 1, the Anchorage Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) may be able to help.

We all know sometimes life just isn’t easy and doesn’t always go the way we want. Dealing with the unexpected is difficult and can sometimes impact our ability to pay the bills.

The Anchorage ADRC may be able to help. If you find yourself in a hardship situation, are an Anchorage resident (residing between Girdwood and Chugiak), age 60 years or older and have a utility delinquent notice and your household’s ability to pay your utility bill is in jeopardy, contact us directly at 907-343-7770.

Experienced Resource Specialists will help guide you to the resources that are the most appropriate for the situation. Funds are available to pay a variety of utilities including gas, electric, water and wastewater, heating oil and propane.

Sometimes life can be difficult to navigate. Give us a call and we will do our best to help get life back on track.

Submitted by Maureen Haggblom and the Anchorage Aging and Disability Resource Center Team.

Alaska’s Aging and Disability Resource centers connect seniors, people with disabilities, and caregivers with long-term services and supports. For assistance and answers, call your regional ADRC toll-free at 1-855-565-2017. Or visit the Alaska Div. of Senior and Disabilities Services ADRC website at


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 05/19/2024 21:10